TroubleshootingHaving issues? Try the tips below. No drama-llama!
|Low expressed volumes||
• Ensure cups are assembled correctly and all parts are on tight. Take apart entire cup and reassemble as it can sometimes be challenging to see where there may be an air leak.
|Feeling of low suction||
If pumped volume is adequate:
we recommend ignoring the reduced suction sensation. The silicone breast shields often create a soft, comfortable fit and the feeling of suction may not be as easily perceived as compared to the hard plastic pump flanges
If volume is low:
• Ensure correct and tight assembly of expressing cup
• Ensure all parts are in working condition – if parts are worn, they may require
replacement. The most common part requiring replacement is the duckbill valve – hence we have supplied 2 spares per box. If any other parts are worn, please contact the Milkeaze team
• Ensure tubing is correctly attached and free of damage and kinks. Ensure tubing is snugly fit onto both pump and cup.
• Use alternate tubing. Try the provided Milkeaze tubing instead of your own, or vice versa, as long as it is compatible with your pump.
• If your pump has the option of two suction ports – utilise single tubing in both ports rather than the Y-tubing provided.
• Ensure the pump is operational with audibly working motor and adequate suction power.
• Try a higher suction setting. It is common to need a higher suction setting with the hands-free cups compared to regular flange
• Experiment using different bras. Your bra needs to be firm enough to aid a tight seal between the cup and the breast but not so tight that it causes the cup to block milk ducts.
|Milk in tubing||The Milkeaze hands-free expressing cup is designed to be a closed system, as such, milk in tubing indicates the apparatus has been assembled incorrectly or your diaphragm has been contaminated with milk due to incorrect use. Please refer to the ASSEMBLEY section in the user manual to ensure correct set up. You may also find the ”how to” videos on the website helpful|
It you are still struggling with your Milkeaze product, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com